hello you...

i would just like it to be noted that this is my free self space - which means i have no rules or regulations here. especially when it comes to my grammar. i promise i really do know when i need what punctuation and the difference between to and too. that being said, i most likely will not be using capital letters and i tend to use too many periods at the end of a sentence... i write how i speak and thats how i like it. hopefully it doesn't make your eye twitch. ;]

July 4, 2011

wanting to break rules

this week i've been thinking a lot about rules and things i want...
the two seem to interfere with each other wayy too much for my free spirit.

there are things i want that i can't have.
things i wanted in the past that i didn't get.

and my mind keeps taking me back to an easy bake oven...
when i was younger i asked for an easy bake oven. every year. for every holiday that i received a gift. for YEARS.... i really really wanted one so i made sure to use my manners. and there was NO WAY santa could have put me on the naughty list. i was an angel, ask anyone! yet every year, for every holiday, there was no easy bake oven amongst my gifts. (i'm realizing now that this must have been my mother's way of telling me that i don't belong in a kitchen... sorry boys, you can take that one up with her)
i remember my sophomore year in high school i opened one of my gifts at christmas, and there sat in my lap an easy bake oven... i remember looking at my mother like this was some sort of cruel joke, wrapping one of my presents in an easy bake oven box. kinda twisted if you ask me. but no, much to my surprise, it was an actual easy bake oven. i half expected my next gift to be a plastic orange slide, but i guess something about weight restrictions made her reason against it. now in the moment i didn't find any humor in this... we returned the easy bake oven the next day. so naturally i still hold this over her head. i never got my easy bake oven, i never got my plastic orange slide, and i never had siblings to blame stuff on... life just wasn't fair.
i was the only one with rules to follow, and no one to distract the parental units from noticing me not following them... its a crappy arrangement and i don't recommend it.

today i woke up feeling feisty. and hyper. and wanting things i can't have.
so during breakfast (which i cooked. in a kitchen! miracle do happen.) i was pondering all of this and you know something else i always wanted growing up??
a trampoline.
i'm sure you know where this is going.... i never got one.
and to make matters worse there was this pesky little rule about no jumping on beds...
umm. what do you expect a girl with no trampoline to do?!
then brilliance hit me...






take that mother.... ;]

4 comments:

  1. I love love love this post!!

    And your room is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks love! i'm rather fond of it. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant!! :)

    Love the new painting on the wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unknown above and this I'm sure is Fredrick!!! :)

    ReplyDelete