hello you...

i would just like it to be noted that this is my free self space - which means i have no rules or regulations here. especially when it comes to my grammar. i promise i really do know when i need what punctuation and the difference between to and too. that being said, i most likely will not be using capital letters and i tend to use too many periods at the end of a sentence... i write how i speak and thats how i like it. hopefully it doesn't make your eye twitch. ;]

May 20, 2010

the pack rat gene

i'm trying to figure out when exactly this gene of mine kicked in... when i really think about it i know this is a family trait; but yet i still can't believe what a lil pack rat i've become! i mean, i don't belong on that show hoarders or anything, but i just have way too much stuff for a single girl my age, that doesn't have a permanent home. and anytime i go somewhere i just seem to want to take all of it with me. like i think i'm actually going to use the 4 different kinds of lotion in the next few months, or the 50 pairs of shoes, when in actuality i am here to work, and not just any work, but construction. so i'm out on a job site everyday. i wear work boots every day, what do i need all these other shoes for?? i work 10 hours a day. then i might hit the gym, so i would need my gym shoes, then any running around i feel like doing gets done before i head home so i would still be in work boots, and my house 'shoes' are also known as socks. so there you have it. i really only needed to bring 2 pairs of shoes. okay maybe 3, i do get sundays off.... instead i have with me 10 pairs of shoes. 10! for a few months of work on a job site. insane. i have 2 pairs of flats, wedges, 2 tennis shoes, my roxy boots, my globes, my dc's, my danner work boots, and my pink rain boots. yet i think back and when i packed all these i had a perfectly ( ehheemm - crazy) legit reason for bringing each one. and don't even get me started on my books and notepads.... this is prolly the only reason i hate relocating. not to mention beside all this stuff i carry around with me, i also have a storage unit back home, one in seattle, and i'm pretty sure my mother has a ton more stuff from back when i was little. which i pray i will never actually have to go through myself, much less claim any of it.

SOOOOOOO - that being said. i am ready to give into the whole spring cleaning bit and simplify my life. at least this small section of it that i'm packing around with me. i'll have to deal with the storage units some other time :] this weekend i'm going to de-clutter! i challenge you to do the same - live simple. live happy. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment